Friday 24 August 2012

Jerry Nelson



Original Muppeteer Jerry Nelson has passed away at 78.

He was Robin, the Count von Count, Floyd Pepper, Lew Zealand and many, many other wonderful characters.

I'm at work at the moment so can't write anything too long. I just felt I had to mark the passing of one of those amazing people who had a marked affect on my childhood. I'm gutted at this.

Something longer and more appropriate will be posted later this afternoon.

There are too many obits on this blog. Not because I'm obsessed with that kind of thing (as some folks claim) but because when someone who has affected me through popular culture, I feel the need to speak about them. And unfortunately, there have been too many of these, particularly this past year. My message to the cosmos? Give it a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stick yer blurb here.