Monday 5 November 2012

Back from the ether...

Bimey. 2 and a half months.

A few nights ago, a friend a fellow blogger, Conan the Librarian, asked if I'd stopped my blog. The simple answer was no but I understood what he meant. It's been a long while since I last posted and before then I had all sorts of things I wanted to post about (and still do).

What have I been doing? Well, for the bulk of that time I had been writing an outline for a new feature project I'm collaborating on with some friends. That went down well and so now I'm working on a longer treatment document before we go to a first draft. I was also working full time for a while but that job ended (the hazards of temping) and I'm still looking for more work (the hazards of relying on temping). And sometimes it's just so easy to let something like this blog slip away. That, and trying to get through the episodes of Mad Men, Boardwalk Empire, The Thick of It and Dallas (yes, Dallas, so sue me; I'm a child of the 70s & 80s) that are dominating our DVR right now.

I've also joined a gym. Been quite disgusted at my appearance of late so I'm bidding farewell to a few stone (one stone is 14 llbs, to my US friends). Getting fitter ought to help with the old motivation and general demeanour.

So, it's back on with the blog. There was a tiny wee news story about Star Wars last week I might just have something to say about.

In the meantime, this is brilliant and is a good shot in the arm when needing reminded about the ultimate goal in filmmaking (for me, anyway).


Good, no? See you at the movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stick yer blurb here.